Nowadays, everyone all over the world just wants to know how to improve their rankings in SERP (Search Engine Result Page). There are a lot of ways by which you can improve your rankings in SERP, though they can seem a bit of difficult and confusing task.
You can make improvements but before that, you must diagnose the problem. By identifying the basic problems such as where and when conversion rates are dropping off is quite essential for preventing them from happening in the future. Here, are some very basic tips which you should follow to get started:
Step One: Determine Your Issues
First of all, what you need to do is determine where your problem is and how can you prioritize the specific pages on your site that aren’t performing as per your wish. In case, you have a large website you have to make sure to treat each section of your site(news, products sections, about us, etc.) individually. There are many
Social Media Marketing Company India that help you make it possible. They help you maintain your search traffic over time and see exactly where the drop occurred. All you have to do is structure your URLs into sections and use subfolders after that look at that particular section of your site, you can focus on optimizing that area specifically. At times, you can see that your site is performing well except in one or two areas and the only way by which you can find out is to divide it into sections in the following way:
Use Google Trends To Look For Keyword Decline:
All you have to do is log in to your Google Trends account and look at some of your top keywords and topics. If your traffic and rankings have declined but search demand has stayed at a similar pace, it’s something that is being associated with your site and not because people aren’t searching you. And, if you see that traffic for those search terms has dropped significantly then it’s time to update your content. A Search Engine Optimization(SEO) has a result page that is called as (SERP). So, if you are looking for keywords on google the result page will show every result possible and thus that page is known as (SERP).
Step Two: You Should Provide A Hypothesis For Your Serp Issues
Whatever ideas you have on the topic that what could be causing your problems, it’s time to make some hypotheses on them. Firstly, you should know that what situation you are in. Either your traffic and both rankings are down or your rankings are up but your traffic is down. Now that you have some ideas about what could be causing your problems, it’s time to make some hypotheses.
Suppose your rankings are up but your traffic is down then the following issues could be blamed:
1. You should lower your search demand (as seen in Google Trends)
2. There are few new SERP features (such as featured snippets that could help you in stealing more traditional organic traffic)
3. Brand Issues (if you had a PR nightmare recently, it could be affecting your traffic.)
4. SEO Agency actually help you to higher up your rankings and your traffic too. They play a role of a magician in this case!
There’s a switch in Google’s algorithm which could be causing local search not to be as impactful as it once was.
For example: if both traffic and rankings are down then in that case-
A few of these issues above could also be responsible for this situation, but usually, issues like the below are to blame:
1. Change in searcher intent. People may be searching for a different type of services that they use were.
2. Low-quality or duplicate content. Your content isn’t offering enough value.
3. You’re losing out to competitors. In case, you notice your competitors are constantly ahead of you it might be time to mimic some of their practices to be ahead.
4. Technical issues. Your context is the most important thing and if you see your speed is lacklustre or other such issues you should look into the technology.
5. Engagement issues. In this case, people want to see some content but they are not actually able to view it because of some issue.